Robert J. Winston
Robert Winston is a Partner with Stone & Johnson Chartered in its Chicago office. He has handled civil litigation matters for 35 years.
Mr. Winston has had more than 40 first chair verdicts to date in favor of the client in the areas of construction, medical malpractice and premises liability. He also has more than 80 arbitrations, tried before the Circuit Court of Cook County and the American Arbitration Association. He practices before both the trial and appellate courts on the state and federal level.
Mr. Winston represents businesses, construction companies and subcontractors in personal injury and insurance coverage litigation. He also is involved in contract analysis.
NOTABLE CASES AND RESULTS
- Albert Hardy v. Tectonics Corp.
- Mari Ann Swan v. McDonald’s Corp.
- Thomas McCann v. Robert Bentkowski and Aspen Plumbing
- Gibbons v. F.H. Paschen, S.N. Nielsen, Inc.
- Michael Musik, et al. v. Spavone’s Seven Hills, Inc., et al.
- Brenda Knox v. Jacqueline Gervais, M.D., et al.
- Estate of Anthony Sciortino v. Dr. Joseph Lewinbuk, et al.
- Coniglio v. Palumbo Brothers, Inc.
Acme Steel – major property
Dunfee v. Gervais
Oratowski v. Gros
- Illinois Road & Transportation Builders Association
- Illinois State Bar Association (Construction, Medical Negligence and Products Liability Sections), Member
- Circuit Court of Cook County
- American Arbitration Association
- Illinois Defense Counsel